Thursday, July 26, 2012

Series #4: Steph fails at minimalism

I was told by many observers that it might be a good exercise to pare myself down. This is hard! It requires thinking BEFORE painting. I prefer thinking WHILE making. I'm impatient! But I really tried.

My goal, again encouraged by my mentor Scott Listfield, was to take a few items from by many pages of silly ideas, puns, and one-liners, and turn each one into a painting. Originally I'd intended them as T-shirts or cards.

I bought 8 9x12 canvases for this series.

Attempt #1: Horse plus traffic cone equals unicorn.
The traffic cone is a transfer of an image i printed out on the computer.
Gotta keep it simple. Simple, simple, simple.
Ok! I think I am done!
Argh! why couldn't i just leave it alone??? taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment