Monday, July 30, 2012

Ongoing: scroll 1: art on the floor



Art on Floor: WALL EDITION! brought to you by a broken pipe
Update: with all the heavy rain lately, art on floor is now...art-on-wall! I'll keep adding to it, but I'm starting a new one, too.The floor is my jam! I want to keep adding layers to this one though and push the composition to the edges on all sides./div>

------------------------
For the past few weeks I've been doodling and painting on this giant roll of paper on the floor.

Working on it mostly when I'm not sure what else to do or have extra paint to use up. Lately, though, it feels most comfortable and natural out of all the things I'm doing.

(Inspired in part by classmate Shea Justice's amazing scrolls, which he's been working on for the past ten years as political, social, and personal commentary. )
the whole thing so far-- almost time to roll out some more!
detail: left side
detail: right side

No comments:

Post a Comment