Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stan Francisco


I painted this Portrait du Jon, Fiance' and Working Stiff, at our fancy hotel (gouache, 9x12)

a week in:
Stanley
Fran
Cisco


Ahh, sweet vacation! The city was engaging, I was really able to engage with the art scene... also I got engaged. 

   Guffaw!

(I've never really worn a ring before. Do engagement rings have magical powers? I assume they probably shoot rainbows). STAY TUNED FOR
FURTHER INQUIRY!

BACK TO BUSINESS: Saw some terrific art at the Berkeley Art Museum, the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and a SFMOMA Show called "Spirituality in Art"-- mostly an excuse to show lots of famous modern stuff at the Contemporary Jewish Museum while the MOMA was closed for renovations.
Nicole Eisenman at Berkeley 
Wangechi Mutu
Saya Woolfalk
FAN ART: Steph draws Nicole Eisenman
FAN ART: i-phone homage
Philip Guston at the CJM (SFMOMA). Such amazing texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment