Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Adventures in Debris


Update: 8/17: pushing to the edges of with these little compositions. Trying to figure out what they're about!

Original Post: Keeping with the theme of Making the Ordinary Epic, I've been noodling around with discarded and used-up art materials to make these little assemblages. 
So that you get a sense of size-- here are my first four. Still in progress.
They're mounted on small, cradled wood panels (5x7"). The little creatures are molded out of nearly dried-up paint (I don't always treat my paint jars with properly lidded respect). The rest includes scraps of glue, tape, nearly extinct markers, paper, etc.
Volcano! In progress
Made this one first. Lots of dried up gesso.
Does this little dragon guy resemble an intestine?
Made with dried red paint, rolled into a putty.
This one's got way too much going on-- maybe I'll paint over some of the details? I'm enjoying these though!




No comments:

Post a Comment