Saturday, March 16, 2013

Theme #3: Inspired by Matisse's interiors

Long way to go here, but I think the sketch looks like me, and is properly
angst-ridden.Is the laptop too small? I think it is.

Diptychs: 

Groups of two: Inspiration, variation.

One painting is by Henri Matisse and the other painting (in progress!) is mine.

Size is 22(or 24)x30.

I bought ten sheets of good watercolor paper and they're hanging out on the floor of my living room. Working on about six at the moment.

Going to keep adding and taking away until they feel right. Been working for about a week, almost every night. I feel pretty good about their progress! 

I want to be bolder, though, about color -- and I want to develop a narrative inside each piece. 



The first one I did. I like parts of it... but what is it about?
Living room. 
This one will be taking place in my art room at school.
Kind of goofy-- this one changed the most from its original composition. Naked lady's head has turned into the penguin humidifier. The plant has transformed into Kitty!



No comments:

Post a Comment