Wednesday, January 9, 2013

RESIDENCY 2: January 2013



Pictures from my second residency:
Started by filling the wall with the scrolls I've made over the semester.
Thinking about A.D.D., overstimulation, a glimpse into a busy mind. Neat to see it all together.
Wasn't happy with the direction critiques were going, so I pulled everything from the wall, piled it up, and wrote this note. If my work was about being overwhelmed, I wanted to present it more authentically, darn it!

After some compliments on this 'performance art' and really earnest inquiries about my emotional well being (which made me feel like a big jerk), I tried another arrangement.

This is what I ended up with. My goal is to focus on the themes of the work rather than the feelings behind it. The feelings will always manifest themselves-- but this way i'll gravitate towards order rather than roll around in chaos.

Ready to make some new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment