Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scroll 2: 7 days in Florence, Italy

Why i am the world's luckiest Sterf:
Just got back Friday night from 7 days in Florence, Italy. My mom & brother invited me along on their big mother-son bonding trip. Villa in Lastra a Signa, car trips round the countryside, a few days in the city. Fig tree and peach tree in the backyard. A-flippin-mazing! Paradiso.

My goals were: speak lots of Italian, let mom and Nate (my bro) stuff me silly with food they made in their cooking classes, and draw constantly. In keeping with my most recent Declaration of Arty Intent*, I limited myself to one very large piece of paper, which I folded into big 9x12-ish squares and took with me everywhere. 

*(see previous post, "SYNTHESIS").

My last goal was to make it to Benozzo Gozzloli's chapel on Via Cavour in Florence and commune with my muse-- done and wow. More on that later!

I unfolded the paper and hung it up when I got home. Here is the whole piece, and then some details. Planning to add more to connect the disparate elements.




No comments:

Post a Comment