Thursday, August 8, 2013

Antidepressant Robots

Antidepressant Robots:
A.K.A.HAPPYBOTS!

Inspired by the Foldout History of Antidepressants, this little book on the left, I started this series. I'm a grateful consumer of Prozac, with plenty of ambivalent feelings about 'needing' it, and I've often thought that the names for these medications (Xanax, Fluoxitine, Wellbutrin) sound like robots. Therefore:
Lithium and Librium
Nardil and Valium
Prozac and Zoloft
I've made eight so far. The robot design reflects the decade that the drug was released. Made some stamps to look like specific pills, which look okay, but then I ruined it with these over-elaborate label/tags at the bottom.

I'm into the idea, but something's missing in the execution... I'm not happy with them. They need to be either simpler or grungier. I was advised to leave them for a while and think on it. Roger that!

No comments:

Post a Comment