Sunday, November 25, 2012

Open Studios

October 20, 2012: my first Open Studios! 

Only a few dozen visitors, but there was live poetry in the courtyard and an unseasonably beautiful breeze. At one point during the day, as I sat on the studio floor beside a turtlenecked fellow and a girl in a poncho and listened to them talk about literature, I felt like my little pad had become a Paris salon or bohemian cafe.  Culture, man! You dig?

It was nice. I painted a big picture of my cat Kitty on a piece of wood during a lull in visitorship. I put out a few books of old work. There were tootsie rolls and pretzels provided. A touch of class. Note to self: make business cards!

Open Studios Dorcester main page: http://dac-online.org/about-us/open-studios/openstudios2012artistsandvenues 
(list of other artists and venues by the D.A.C.)


No comments:

Post a Comment